Memory Impairment goes by many names, with Dementia and Alzheimer’s being the most common. It’s invisible, takes those we love away, and is frightening.
At Thrive, we have a devoted community of Care Specialists who assist seniors with mild to advanced memory impairment.
These professionals understand that there is a person yearning for connection, relevance, and normalcy. Their impairment bewilders them and they are subject to a reality only they experience.
There are no cures for these impairments, but methods have been created which help Care Specialists align themselves with whatever the resident is experiencing. When successful, residents feel reassured, calm, and not so alone.
Our goal at Thrive is to enrich each memory impaired resident’s life with meaning and purpose whenever possible.
- Controlled access for the safety of the residents – The community is kept calm by not allowing chaotic traffic in.
- It’s Never 2 Late Software – This tool can help the memory impaired explore personal interests while experiencing cognitive stimulation.
- Luxury Suites – Unlike ordinary Memory Care communities, these suites are just like the ones in the rest of Thrive; private, soothing, and comfortable.
- Calming environment – The area is designed with soft colors and simple flooring patterns to avoid confusion for the residents.
- Family style dining – Mealtime with friends provides normalcy.